What’s up fam!
So, as we embark on this lifestyle change, we have to remember to implement the rules when we go out to eat. The personal trainer that is going to assist us with challenge gave me some tips to help us out.
1. Make sure you set a budget. We all know that the more money we have, more drinks start flowing, and more food starts coming. We gotta learn to curb that urge to go all out at any restaurant.
2. Set guidelines before going in. For example, go for the a la carte instead of the all-inclusive. It may cost more, but you’ll get/eat less. Also ask the server to remove the bread basket after you’ve had one piece.
3. It’s okay to make special requests! Ask them to remove the things you don’t want, you can tell them any special ways you’d like to have your food cooked. It’s your money, so make them earn it.
4. We all need to work on portion control. Learn what the standard sizes for a correct portion looks like. Most restaurants regular portions are twice the recommended size so be mindful of that!
5. If you don’t know what something is, ask! If you don’t know what a word means when it comes to how your food is cooked, then it’s ok to get them to explain it to you.
6. Don’t supersize!!! Small combos are just fine.
7. Watch out for extras…extra condiments mean extra calories!
8. Go easy on the drinks! One with dinner is fine, but try alternating between that drink snag mauve sparking water.
9. It’s ok not to clean your plate. Try eating half and taking home the rest.
10. Last but not least, remember to eat slowly. It takes at least 20 minutes for tor body to know that it’s full.
Hopefully, these tips can help us all throughout our challenge and beyond.
Just one of ‘fatboyfavs’